Sustainability & ESG Consulting
Today many regulatory authorities, financial institutes, government, customers, investors and even employees are demanding organizations to be sustainable and improve their sustainability performance. Reporting on sustainability is becoming mandatory for many. It is also expected that the disclosures made on sustainability should be true and subject to independent assessment.
Sustainability needs to be part of the Strategic objectives of the organization and cascaded down. This should be part of the organizations performance process and integrated reporting.
There needs to have a proper materiality assessment for creating the report. Without the focus on the materiality aspects, the report might not be correct and will lead to wasted effort and loss of credibility and even legal suites.
Having a proper well designed reporting process helps organizations to better manage sustainability related risks and capitalize on new business opportunities.
How Xellentro can help?
Xellentro helps organizations to embed sustainability in the entire value stream and guide on integrating sustainability information into the value stream management platform and share the sustainability information through reporting.
Xellentro also creates reports after proper materiality assessment conforming to various standards like BRSR, GRI, UN SDG, etc.
- Gap analysis post review of existing policies, literature review, data collection and analysis
- Materiality and Stakeholder mapping
- Creating Practitioner’s scorecard
- Create the Draft Report
- Finalize the Draft Report after discussion with key stakeholders
- Present the Final Report
Typical Timeframe – 4 to 5 weeks
IT is a big contributor to Carbon Footprint. With the use of more newer technologies like AI and moving to more Cloud adoption, the carbon footprint is going to increase. While there is a plus side to the Digital Transformation, we need to be aware and considerate about how we can use these technologies while also take steps to do more with less carbon footprint.
Reduction on emission also has another positive side-effect of reducing cost. This cost reduction can fund the incremental cost required to measure and reduce carbon footprints. This also helps in building a better reputation for the organization.
As part of the engagement we do the following:
- Assessment of the current situation
- Help in setting a baseline from the existing information available
- Define an approach to calculate carbon footprint
- Guide in defining a target to achieve within a timeframe
- Awareness program on Sustainable IT from Leadership to the development and operations
- Guidance on calculations and KPIs to capture
- Suggest tools to enable data capture
- Suggest reporting dashboard
Technology provides many ways of becoming more sustainable. Smart cities, technology in agriculture, automation in all business processes helps in becoming more efficient and reduce carbon footprint. Every business process today is IT enabled. We can further extend the capture of Sustainability related data in the entire value streams to help organizations get real-time situation on sustainability.
Organizations can set Sustainability related Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) starting from the board downwards to regularly measure performance and make adjustments to ensure achieving the targets.
- Build the Roadmap / Blueprint for the Measurement using OKRs
- Awareness programs
- Define OKRs
- Help align strategic priorities
- Define KRIs and Key Metrics to support KRs
- Guide on where and how the data can be collected from existing IT Systems and help identify what changes are required
- Support the implementation of organization strategy related to sustainability using OKRs as the essential lever
- Help identify tools to enable capture and reporting of the Sustainability Metrics
Once you have embarked on the Sustainability, we need to keep measuring the journey to find out what more to do to achieve further improvement. This assessment will help you to determine the priorities in both short-term and long-term, identify challenges and roadblocks, and establish revised goals for improving Sustainable IT practice.
There will be a discussion with senior management to understand and set the key objectives for the Organization from Sustainability perspective. Based on this a detailed interaction will be done to assess the current state based on the various parameters of Sustainability along with going through the current state of the systems in details. Based on the Assessment, a report will be provided and presented along with a way forward to achieve the stated objectives.
The stages are
- Continuous Improvement
The dimensions that will be looked at are
- Process & Tools
- People and Organization Design
- Progress & Improvement
To help improve, we need to measure. We help implement OKRs for Sustainability from the Board level to the teams. We can also guide on how to use a tool like profit.co to implement OKRs.
The stages will be
- Stakeholder interaction to identify the strategic objective
- OKR Planning
- OKR Setup (In tool if tool is purchased)
- OKR Execution Guidance