About ITIL Practitioner
- ITIL Practitioner covers the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) approach as the way to structure any improvement initiatives.
- ITIL Practitioner also covers three key areas crucial for success of any improvement initiatives:
- Organizational Change Management
- Measurement and Metrics.
The ITIL Practitioner guidance follows 9 Guiding Principles
ITIL Practitioner is complementary to all levels of knowledge from the ITIL certification scheme as it will help ensure that ITSM is working with the business.
- To take the ITIL Practitioner exam, individuals must hold a current ITIL Foundation certificate.
- ITIL Practitioner is not a prerequisite for the ITIL Intermediate Level qualifications.
- ITIL Practitioner is worth three credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.
- ITIL Practitioner is also worth 15 points towards your ITIL digital badge as part of our ITIL Membership programme.
- The examination is open book and made up of multiple choice questions based on a scenario.
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 40 questions
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 135 minutes’ duration
- Open book.