Cloud-Native Chaos Engineering with LitmusChaos
WEBINAR WITH KARTHIK SATCHITANAND
Cloud-native systems are becoming common in modern IT environments. The primary change we see in these environments is the speed at which the changes happen and are expected to happen. Making sure the services are reliable amidst these fast changes is a big challenge. The solution comes in applying chaos engineering into modern DevOps. This new science of reliability engineering can be called Cloud Native Chaos Engineering or CNCE.
Speaker Karthik Satchitanand discussed on “Evolution of Cloud-Native Chaos Engineering with Litmus Chaos, in conversation with Dr. Niladri Choudhuri in the live webinar that was held on 15 July. He explained about the typical challenges of scale and reliability in cloud native space.
LitmusChaos is a CNCF project that provides an end-to-end platform to practice or implement cloud-native chaos engineering. It implements all the design goals of CNCE. With a large community of users using Litmus, it is well tested and highly scalable.
- Learn about the principles and practices of Chaos Engineering
- Factors to focus on Standard Chaos Experiment Flow
- Challenges faced and how Litmus is trying to address them
- How to manage chaos experiments that led the way to cloud native chaos engineering
- Learn about the Litmus 1.x user flow and architecture
- Understand Litmus 2.x topology which are Kubernetes clusters and its implementation
Speaker Karthik Satchitanand is one of the maintainers of the CNCF sandbox project LitmusChaos and a Co-Founder of ChaosNative Inc. He is passionate about all things Kubernetes and is generally interested in DevOps, storage performance/benchmarking & chaos engineering.