The Value Stream Management Foundation course from Value Stream Management Consortium is an introductory course taking learners through a value stream management implementation journey. It considers the human, process, and technology aspects of this way of working and explores how optimizing value streams for flow and realization positively impacts organizational performance. Xellentro Consulting Services LLP is the first to be accredited as the training partner for this course.
The VSM Foundation course is an introduction to value stream management principles, practices, and tools. It is designed to optimize value flow and realization in digital value streams and develop individuals’ skills. Digital value streams include the software applications and services in addition to the platforms that support them e.g., cloud infrastructure or DevOps toolchains.
The course is designed to positively impact the digital transformation happening right now across the globe and to help establish good VSM practices and open standards.
Individuals will be able to understand the VSM language, core concepts and key practices, how to identify and organize around value streams, how to map them, how to connect your DevOps toolchain and measure it, how to apply DevOps practices to accelerate time to value and learning, how to effectively use metrics to inspect, adapt and evolve capability.
It takes learners through a value stream management implementation journey and considers the human, process, and technology aspects of this way of working. It aims to satisfy several learning objectives:
- Describe the origins of value stream management and key concepts such as flow, value, and delivery
- Describe what value stream management is, why it is needed and the business benefits of its practice
- Describe how lean, agile, DevOps, and ITSM principles contribute to value stream management
- Identify and describe value streams, where they start and end, and how they interconnect
- Identify value stream roles and responsibilities
- Express value streams visually using mapping techniques, define current and target states and hypothesis backlog
- Write value stream flow and realization optimization hypotheses and experiments
- Apply metrics such as touch/processing time, wait/idle time, and cycle time to value streams
- Understand flow metrics and how to access the data to support data-driven conversations and decisions
- Examine value realization metrics and aligning to business outcomes, and how to sense and respond to them (outcomes versus outputs)
- Architect a DevOps toolchain alongside a value stream and data connection points
- Design a continuous inspection and adaptation approach for organizational evolution
People working in an organization aiming to improve performance, especially in response to digital transformation or disruption. Any roles involved in the creation and delivery of products or services:
- Leadership and CXO, especially CIO, CTO, CPO, and CVO
- Transformation and evolution leads and change agents
- Value stream architects, managers, engineers
- Scrum Masters, agile and DevOps coaches and facilitators Portfolio, product and project managers, and owners
- Business analysts Architects, developers, and engineers
- Release and environment managers IT Ops, service and support desk workers
- Customer experience and success professionals.
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple- choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as a certified VSM Foundation (VSMF). The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
||Nov 20 - 21
||9:30 am to 5:00 pm
WANT TO JOIN THE CLASSES?
Contact us on given details